Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day 7 - we get to use a tool

So today is day 7 of the 30 powders in 30 days and we get to use a tool (except for a paintbrush). I like using the business card and my fingers so much that I chose a simple tool i.e.,a bbq skewer. I also didn't get into detail. After playing these last few days with just the business card and my fingers I realized it's best to play around and see the movement of the glass with the tool and different ways to used the tool. So I used the pointy end, the dull end and the side of the skewer.

I also found it fun to creat a few simple pieces. Again I'm using a vanilla base and black powder and I'm not firing any of them. 

This one is just manipulating the glass with my finger the side of the skewer and the dull end. I like it but only because I see different things in it. 

This one I used the sharp end and the dull end of the skewer. I actually like the dull end better than the sharp. 

I find creating these powders extremely relaxing. if I could just draw something pretty I'd be happy and enjoy it even more. until then I am just going to continue to experiment and practice with various tools. 
Hopefully we will have the similar task tomorrow i.e., just adding 1 tool.

Until tomorrow,

Karen









No comments:

Post a Comment